Dryden Hydroelectric Facilities
In 1986 Regional Power purchased and rehabilitated three power plants with combined capacity of 3.9 MW located in the vicinity of the Town of Dryden, Ontario.
The Dryden sites were originally built in the 1920’s and 1930’s to provide power to the pulp and paper plant in Dryden.
The plants were the first in Ontario to be synchronously interconnected on a rural distribution grid.
The Dryden sites are:
The Dryden sites have been used as educational tours since 1930s and this tradition continues till this day.
Water Management Plan – Wabigoon and Eagle River System
Regional Power has been operating Eagle Lake Dam at Eagle Lake, with surface area of 330 Km2, for over 25 years without any non-compliance issues.
Regional were the first IPP in Ontario to complete the new Water Management Agreement with Ministry of Natural Resources.